We’re Hiring: Marketing Specialist
About the Role
Verdis Group is dedicated to helping our clients realize and achieve their sustainability visions through customized, long-term climate action plans and sustainability consulting. As a marketing specialist, you’ll help us enable climate action that counts by leading and developing a cohesive marketing and communications strategy. Your work will grow Verdis Group’s brand recognition and enhance our reputation by creating and publishing engaging content, helping to identify valuable new business opportunities, shepherding the proposal process, overseeing market research, regularly updating our website and more.
How to know if Verdis Group is the right fit for you
You love working with other kind, inclusive people that are both passionate and knowledgeable about sustainability. Like us, you’re dedicated to creating a thriving, resilient world, and you understand that changing people’s minds and habits is tough, but worthwhile work. You believe there are no substitutes for genuine progress, so greenwashing is off the table. And you’re comfortable working with a small, fast-paced team, pitching in when needed, and working hard to achieve the best possible results.
At Verdis Group you’ll find:
- Fulfilling work for a cause you care about
- A healthy work/life balance
- A flexible, hybrid work environment
- Opportunities to develop professionally
- A place you can be yourself
- Encouragement to learn and improve
- An equitable, inclusive environment
- Team collaboration and decision making
- Excellent benefits and competitive pay
We’re looking for someone who is great at:
- Website Management
- Ensure our website is a well-oiled machine by adding and removing pages as needed, posting blogs and case studies, updating team member pages, and optimizing content to capture search engine traffic.
- Experience with WordPress and SEO tools such as Yoast is a plus.
- Social Media
- Bring your passion for creativity to work each day, where you’ll concept, create, and schedule new and engaging content for our social media channels, including engaging visuals, well-written posts, and unique social cards, using Hootsuite, Canva, and the Adobe suite, including Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign.
- Monitor social media analytics, and track emerging social trends and platforms.
- Content Management
- Create marketing materials such as pitch decks, case studies, or 2-page service overviews that show our future clients the value we bring to their business.
- Concept, write, and edit blog posts for the website, or client websites.
- Nurture leads via our newsletter. Experience with ActiveCampaign is a plus.
- Design an effective content calendar, sharing blogs, social posts, and coordinating the team’s Facebook Live recordings as needed.
- Maintain and organize a content library which includes proposal language, templates, social media materials, photos and more.
- Proposals and Market Research
- Assist with identifying and acquiring new leads for Verdis Group, tracking new bids and business opportunities.
- Design business proposals for potential clients using Adobe InDesign, and coordinate and deliver proposals once completed.
- Read and synthesize data from RFPs (request for proposal), pulling out key data and instructions
- Identify market research needs, conduct some market research and oversee research conducted by colleagues, and share findings with the team as needed.
- Locate opportunities for Verdis Group to participate in relevant conferences, events, sponsorships, or other speaking opportunities in target markets and with target audiences.
- Manage time effectively, and meet overlapping deadlines.
Schedule & Location
This is a full-time position. Primary worksite is preferred to be in Omaha, but we would consider remote positions for the right candidate.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience; annual salary is expected to be $50,000 – $60,000 per year. We also offer several benefits, both monetary and otherwise, that the successful candidate will be eligible for. They include but are not limited to group dental and vision insurance, a health insurance stipend, Health Savings Account annual contributions ($3,000), SIMPLE IRA program with company matching (3%), active commuting benefits, extremely generous paid time off, nine holidays, flex Fridays, professional development stipends, short-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, charitable contribution matching, and flexible work schedule arrangements.
All individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit the following information:
- A letter of interest not to exceed one page
- List of three references, at least one of which must be from a previous relevant employer
Interested parties should apply through Indeed.com. Questions can be directed to Jess Wagner at email@example.com. Submittals will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Verdis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of thought, approach and perspective in our work and in our employees. Read our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Environmental Justice Statement here.