Hiring: Design & Marketing Intern
We are looking for an intern to help us with graphic design work and marketing. If you have Adobe experience, like social media and writing, and are passionate about the environment, we would love to hear from you!
The Design and Marketing Intern will assist the Verdis Group team in creating and finalizing all things visual, from client deliverables such as reports and presentations, to business development campaign materials. The right intern will be energetic, self-motivated and able to work independently. You will be assigned work from several members of the team but report to the Managing Principals. The position requires flexibility, attention to detail, reliability, initiative, organization, creativity and a great eye for design.
Under the direction of the Principals of Verdis Group, the Design & Marketing Intern shall perform the following duties:
- Assist with creating and designing final client deliverables, including reports, signage, presentations, surveys, and associated infographics using Verdis Group’s branding guidelines
- Draft language for relevant blog posts, newsletters, landing page content for our website, marketing materials, and social media posts
- Post on and assisting with content creation for our social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Assemble, print, and ship materials for clients
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a student studying graphic design, marketing, communications, business administration or related field.
- At least one Adobe Creative Cloud application: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, etc.
- Canva, Adobe Spark, or any other simplified content generation tool.
- Thorough and accurate in all duties and responsibilities. Attention to detail is a key component of the position.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office, Apple Mac OS, and Apple Pages required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with Dropbox, G suite, Slack, Toggl and Asana are a plus.
- Skilled in demonstrating cooperation and professionalism.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
The Design & Marketing internship is a part-time position and expected to work between 10-20 hours in an average week. For the fall semester, the position will be remote. General work hours will occur during the week with a good amount of flexibility on when and where the hours are worked.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The Design & Marketing Intern is anticipated to earn between $12–15 per hour.
All individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit the following information:
- A letter of interest not to exceed one page
- List of three references
- An example of your design work
Interested parties should send the requested information to Craig Moody via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submittals will be accepted until midnight on Monday, August 24th.
Craig Moody, Principal
Verdis Group, LLC
950 S. 10th St. #010
Omaha, NE 68108
ABOUT VERDIS GROUP (read this. it’s important.)
Our culture is extremely important to the work we do. We love the work and it shows in how we approach it. We involve the entire team in decision-making, and we expect everyone to work hard but not too much. Our culture guides our ship and ensures we are focused on our mission. To that end, we work hard to adhere to the following Verdis values:
Passion. We believe we have the power to transform business as usual and make our world ‘green by default’.
Integrity. We’re not going to greenwash, and we won’t let our clients either. Seriously, it’s not an option.
Balance. We recognize the interdependence of the world’s economic, ecological and social systems and believe every decision made should reflect consideration of all three systems.
Collaboration. We believe we’re not in this alone and rely on our friends, clients, business partners and colleagues to help us create a resilient future.
Innovation. We believe it’s no coincidence that the edge of ecosystems is exceptionally innovative, creative, resilient and dynamic. We’re not going over the edge, but we’ll hang out there for a spell; it’s a great place to be.Continuous Improvement. We have a thirst for learning and are always searching for ways to do our work better.