We’re Hiring a Sustainability Consultant
We’re hiring! Verdis Group, LLC is seeking a qualified individual for a staff position. Ideal candidates will have a passion for and knowledge of sustainability and climate issues, excellent communication skills, be adept at managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and have good project management and data analysis capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in a sustainability-related field and be ready to hit the ground running. While we are open to candidates of varying experience levels, our general preference is for candidates with 2-5 years of experience. Verdis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of thought, approach and perspective in our work and in our employees.
The skills and abilities necessary to sufficiently perform the duties are varied and require the individual to be adept at many tasks. The position requires flexibility, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for the work. Generally speaking, the successful candidate will lead projects, effortlessly advise clients on how to be more sustainable and resilient, and effectively communicate with colleagues and clients.
The successful candidate may perform the following tasks:
- Sustainability Knowledge & Strategies: It is our job to consult large organizations on how they can be more sustainable, mitigate their impact on the environment, and be resilient to the climate crisis; having in-depth knowledge of the industry and the strategies organizations can and should pursue is imperative. This includes but is not limited to:
- climate mitigation, adaptation, and resilience strategies
- climate vulnerability assessment
- building energy and water efficiency
- waste reduction and diversion
- renewable energy, carbon offsets, and carbon pricing
- greenhouse gas accounting and reduction planning
- Communication: Effectively communicating, in verbal, written, and in some cases visual/graphical form, is a major component of the job. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and accessible manner.
- Project Management & Planning: Leading client-delivery efforts and managing projects, which require the ability to prepare and oversee the implementation of project plans, facilitate meetings, delegate to colleagues, effectively communicate with all involved, and prepare written deliverables.
- Data Analysis: Conducting a variety of different numerical analyses. Collecting, managing, tracking, analyzing, and summarizing data are components of the job.
- Facilitation & Engagement. Designing and facilitating group meetings and workshops. Working with clients to design and implement programs that equitably and inclusively engage their interested parties and constituencies.
- Research. Perform research on relevant topics and summarize the results into an easy-to-digest format for target audiences.
- Other duties as assigned: We’re a small business, which often requires an all-hands-on-deck approach. New responsibilities will pop up, and the ideal candidate will be able to handle many of them.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Thorough and accurate in all duties and responsibilities. Attention to detail is a key component of the position.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and trouble-shoot issues.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collect, organize, input, and analyze data in an extremely accurate and efficient manner, and an ability to effectively communicate the information.
- Knowledge of sustainable best practices and climate resiliency as they pertain to businesses, organizations and communities.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Apple software. Experience using Slack is preferred. Experience with task and project management tools such as Clickup and Asana is beneficial.
- Skilled in demonstrating cooperation and professionalism.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
Schedule and location
Our current expectation is for this position to be full-time. Primary worksite is preferred to be in Omaha, but we would consider remote positions for the right candidate.
Compensation is commensurate with experience; annual salary is expected to be $50,000 – $60,000 per year. We also offer several benefits, both monetary and otherwise, that the successful candidate will be eligible for. They include but are not limited to group dental and vision insurance and a health insurance stipend, Health Savings Account annual contributions, active commuting benefits, extremely generous paid time off, nine holidays, flex Fridays, SIMPLE IRA program with matching from the company, professional development stipends, short-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, charitable contribution matching, and flexible work schedule arrangements.
Interested individuals should apply via our job posting on Indeed. Submittals will be accepted until the position is filled.
Craig Moody, Principal
Verdis Group, LLC
950 S 10th St., #010
Omaha, NE 68108
About Verdis Group (read this. it’s important.)
Our mission: we integrate sustainable strategies that help organizations flourish. Our work commonly falls into two categories: 1) sustainability and climate planning and 2) ongoing advisory services to assist clients with implementation. In both cases, it’s important for us to be extremely knowledgeable of the subject matter at hand. We dig into the data, find trends and opportunities, crunch the numbers, inclusively engage interested parties, and then effectively communicate the relevant information. Once the plan is in place, we work closely with our clients to get things done. The implementation work can and does take many forms: helping to facilitate engagement programs, designing pathways to net zero carbon, studying and implementing institutional-scale composting programs, leading energy & water conservation teams, identifying ongoing energy conservation measures, and then tracking all of the progress.
Our culture guides our ship and ensures we are focused on our mission. To that end, we work hard to adhere to the following Verdis values:
Passion. We believe we have the power to transform business as usual and make our world resilient and thriving.
Interconnectedness. We recognize the interdependence of the world’s ecological, social, and economic systems and believe decisions should consider and strengthen all three.
Integrity. We’re not going to greenwash, and we won’t let our clients either. Seriously, it’s not an option.
Collaboration. We believe we’re not alone, and we rely on our friends, clients, community and colleagues to help us create a resilient future.
Inclusivity. We believe a thriving and resilient world is an equitable one, and are committed to creating this world with all people.
Continuous Improvement. We have a thirst for learning and are always searching for ways to do our work better.
Innovation. We believe it’s no coincidence that ecosystem edges are exceptionally diverse, making them innovative, resilient and dynamic. We’re not going over the edge, but we’ll hang out there for a spell; it’s a great place to be.
Verdis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of thought, approach and perspective in our work and in our employees. Read our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Environmental Justice Statement here.