We’re Hiring: Data Analyst
Verdis Group, LLC is seeking a qualified individual for a Data Analyst position. Ideal candidates will have a passion for and knowledge of sustainability and climate change issues, and be adept at data analysis. Verdis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of thought, approach and perspective in our work and in our employees.
The ideal candidate will likely be relatively new to the sustainability field but will have some professional experience in a sustainability-related field. While we are open to candidates of varying experience levels, our general preference is for an entry-level candidate (1-2+ years of experience).
The skills and abilities necessary to sufficiently perform the duties are primarily focused on data analytics. The position will primarily be focused on the analytics portion, but there will also be times where the position must fulfill other duties such as written communication and small project management. We are particularly interested in candidates that have knowledge of and experience in conducting greenhouse gas inventories.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Data Analysis: Conducting a variety of different practical analyses, particularly in the sustainability realm.
- Creating, maintaining and managing systems to collect, organize, manage, analyze and summarize large volumes of data such as utility data, fleet vehicle energy consumption, materials management data, and survey results.
- Deep knowledge of Excel is important.
- Understanding of versioning and teamwork best practices
- Experience conducting greenhouse gas inventories that comply with the United States Community Protocol and/or GHG Protocol.
- Some GIS experience is of interest with a preference for experience outside of ArcGIS.
- Some experience using programming languages such as (R and Python to perform data analysis is of interest, but not required.)
- Impact analysis: the ability to research and analyze the environmental, social, and economic impact of sustainability strategies. Preferred, but not required.
- Sustainability Knowledge & Strategies: It is our job to consult organizations on how they can be more sustainable; having knowledge of the industry and the sustainability strategies organizations can and should pursue is important.
- Communication: Sufficiently communicating, in verbal, written, and in some cases visual/graphical form, is a component of the job. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and accessible manner.
- Other duties as assigned: We’re a small business, which often requires an all-hands-on-deck approach. New responsibilities will pop up, and the ideal candidate will be able to handle many of them.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to collect, organize, input, and analyze data in an extremely accurate and efficient manner, and an ability to effectively communicate the information.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties and tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of sustainable best practices and climate resiliency as they pertain to businesses, organizations and communities.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience using Word, PowerPoint and Apple software.
- Experience with GIS a plus
- Experience with programming software a plus
- Experience using Asana, Toggl and Slack is beneficial.
- Skilled in demonstrating cooperation and professionalism.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
SCHEDULE & LOCATION
This is a full-time position. Our preferred primary worksite is our Omaha HQ. Due to COVID19, use of the office as a worksite is currently voluntary and some employees continue to work remotely at this time. We are willing to consider a permanently remote employee should the need arise for an exceptional candidate.
Compensation is commensurate with experience; annual salary is expected to be $45,000 – $55,000. The firm also offers several benefits, both monetary and otherwise, that the successful candidate will be eligible for. They include but are not limited to a stipend for purchasing health insurance on the open marketplace, Individual Retirement Account including employer match contributions, Health Savings Account including employer contributions, active commuting support benefits, generous paid time off, professional development stipends, short-term disability insurance, charitable contribution matching, and flexible work schedule arrangements.
All individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit the following information:
- A letter of interest not to exceed one page
- List of three references, at least one of which must be from a previous relevant employer
Interested parties should send the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submittals will be accepted until the position is filled.
Craig Moody, Principal
Verdis Group, LLC
950 S 10th St., #010
Omaha, NE 68108
ABOUT VERDIS GROUP (read this. it’s important.)
Our purpose is to create a thriving and resilient world. Our work commonly falls into two categories: 1) climate action and sustainability master plans and 2) ongoing advisory services to assist clients with implementation of operational and behavioral strategies. In both cases, it’s important for us to be extremely knowledgeable of the subject matter at hand. We dig into the data, find trends and opportunities, crunch the numbers, and then effectively communicate the relevant information. Once the plan is in place, we work hand-in-hand with our clients to get things done. The implementation can and does take many forms: helping to facilitate green teams and their projects, leading lighting retrofits, studying institutional-scale composting programs, overhauling a waste and recycling process, identifying ongoing energy conservation measures, and then tracking all of the progress.
Our culture is extremely important to the work we do. We love the work and it shows in how we approach it. We involve the entire team in decision-making, and we expect everyone to work hard but not too much. We work hard to adhere to the following values:
Passion. We believe we have the power to transform business as usual and make our world resilient and thriving.
Interconnectedness. We recognize the interdependence of the world’s ecological, social, and economic systems and believe decisions should consider and strengthen all three.
Integrity. We’re not going to greenwash, and we won’t let our clients either. Seriously, it’s not an option.
Collaboration. We believe we’re not alone, and we rely on our friends, clients, community and colleagues to help us create a resilient future.
Inclusivity. We believe a thriving and resilient world is an equitable one, and are committed to creating this world with all people.
Continuous Improvement. We have a thirst for learning and are always searching for ways to do our work better.
Innovation. We believe it’s no coincidence that ecosystem edges are exceptionally diverse, making them innovative, resilient and dynamic. We’re not going over the edge, but we’ll hang out there for a spell; it’s a great place to be.
Verdis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of thought, approach and perspective in our work and in our employees.