We’re hiring an Administrative Assistant
Verdis Group, LLC is seeking qualified individuals to fulfill the role of Administrative Assistant with duties and responsibilities as outlined below.
The Administrative Assistant position is an important element to the success of the organization. The skills and abilities necessary to sufficiently perform the duties are varied and require the individual to be adept at many tasks. Above all else, the position requires initiative and resourcefulness. Additional key characteristics include flexibility, attention to detail, reliability and enthusiasm for the work. Generally speaking, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the firm’s other employees. The successful candidate will proactively find ways to assist colleagues with administrative tasks, adeptly juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and resourcefully solve problems. While the successful candidate may be pulled into client-focused projects occasionally, the position is not intended to transition to primarily client-focused work.
Under the direction of the Principals of Verdis Group, the Administrative Assistant shall perform the following duties:
- These administrative duties are expected to be the bulk of the work
- Scheduling meetings
- Ordering office supplies and equipment
- Data collection and entry; research
- Maintaining adequate electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Opening, sorting and processing mail
- Organizing and attending events and workshops (includes securing facilities, ordering catering, obtaining supplies and equipment, taking pictures, confirming details, disseminating information, etc.)
- Running errands (e.g., delivering materials to clients, deposits to bank)
- Editing and formatting documents and presentations
- Organizing expense receipts and other bookkeeping documentation
- Assisting with invoicing, paying invoices, and depositing checks
- Light office maintenance (watering plants, tidying up, emptying recycling, etc.)
- Maintaining internal tracking documents for PTO tracking, employee expense statements, etc.
- Assistance with new employee orientation
- Preparing weekly and monthly project budget reports
- Maintaining equipment and software inventory
- Arranging travel
- Being familiar with and in some cases managing organizational software systems, updating software licenses, troubleshooting software access issues, and researching new software options
- Assisting staff with miscellaneous research
- Completing miscellaneous basic forms and organizing the documentation needed for relevant submissions to external parties
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough and accurate in all duties and responsibilities. Attention to detail is a key component of the Administrative Assistant position.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Apple Mac OS, and Google Suite required.
- Experience with Slack is desired but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Skilled in demonstrating cooperation and professionalism.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
The Administrative Assistant is expected to be a full-time position (30-40 hours per week). We are flexible as to whether the position is salaried or paid hourly. If an exceptional candidate is only open to part-time work, we are willing to consider.
A portion of time will be spent in our Omaha office while the remaining portion will be spent working remotely. Verdis Group provides all furniture and equipment for working from home (e.g., height-adjustable desk, office chair, monitor, keyboard, mouse).
Compensation & Benefits
The Administrative Assistant is anticipated to earn between $15-17 per hour. Pay is highly dependent on skills, abilities and experience; deviations from the pay range may be appropriate for certain candidates. A full benefits package is available for full-time employees, including health insurance (or a health insurance stipend), individual retirement account, health savings account, paid time off, active commuting support, paid holidays, employee assistance program, short-term disability insurance, parental leave, professional development support, and more!
All individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit the following information:
- A brief letter of interest
- List of three references, at least one of which must be from a previous relevant employer
Interested parties should send the requested information to Craig Moody via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submittals will be accepted until the position is filled.
Craig Moody, Principal
Verdis Group, LLC
950 S. 10th St. #010
Omaha, NE 68108
About Verdis Group (Read this. It’s important.)
Our culture is extremely important to the work we do. We love the work and it shows in our approach. Our culture guides our ship and ensures we are focused on our purpose. Our purpose is to create a thriving and resilient world.
Passion. We believe we have the power to transform business as usual and make our world resilient and thriving.
Integrity. We’re not going to greenwash, and we won’t let our clients either. Seriously, it’s not an option.
Collaboration. We are not in this alone and rely on our friends, clients, community and colleagues to help us create a resilient future.
Inclusivity. We believe a thriving and resilient world is an equitable one, and are committed to creating this world with all people.
Innovation. We believe ecosystem edges are diverse, resilient, and dynamic for a reason. We’re not going over the edge, but we’ll hang out there for a spell — it’s where the magic happens.
Continuous Improvement. We have a thirst for learning and are always searching for ways to improve.
Interconnectedness. We recognize the interdependence of the world’s ecological, social, and economic systems and believe decisions should consider and strengthen all three.
Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Commitment
We are on a journey. We strive to always be learning and evolving. We are committed to this work and helping our clients and partners do the same.
The most resilient organizations, communities, and groups of people, are ones that are created together with all of the unique perspectives and backgrounds found within those groups.
We believe diversity is integral to fulfilling our purpose to create a thriving and resilient world. We honor and value the distinctive contributions of each individual and their experiences in all that we do.
We believe in striving not just for equality, but for equity — that we must acknowledge past and current exclusionary practices and work to reconcile them. This requires tailoring our work to meet the unique needs of different individuals, rather than treating all people the same regardless of history.
We believe in the importance of inclusive practices in cultivating a more diverse and equitable environment. This means creating and supporting structures in which every person is able to meaningfully engage and achieve their highest potential.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical aspects of climate and sustainability work. The world cannot truly thrive until everyone can thrive.
Our Environmental Justice Statement
We acknowledge that humankind’s activities have had and continue to have a disproportionate negative impact on Black and Indigenous people of color. All people have fundamental rights to healthy food, clean air, clean water, and natural spaces, regardless of their race, color, national origin or income. We are committed to righting the wrongs of the past, centering inclusive and equitable participatory decision-making in our work, and driving toward decisions and actions that benefit human and non-human parts of nature.