We’re Seeking an Intern for Our Lincoln Office!
Verdis is growing! We are seeking a part-time intern for our Lincoln office to assist with the many dimensions of our sustainability and climate resiliency projects. See below for the job description, and please contact us if you’re interested!
Sustainability Consulting Intern
Verdis Group, LLC is seeking a qualified individual for a paid internship. Ideal candidates will likely be in the midst of, or have completed an undergraduate degree in a field related to environmental sustainability. S/he must be adept at managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously, be committed to excellence in their work products, have top-notch data analysis and writing skills, be prompt and reliable, and have a passion for sustainability.
The skills and abilities necessary to sufficiently perform the duties are varied and require the individual to be adept at many tasks. The position requires flexibility, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for the work. Generally speaking, the Intern will provide support in a variety of ways to Verdis Group senior staff and principals.
Under the direction of the Principals of Verdis Group, the Intern may perform the following tasks:
- Data Analysis: Conducts a variety of different numerical and theoretical analyses at the direction of senior staff. Collecting, managing, tracking and summarizing data is an important component of the Intern’s job duties.
- Writing: Preparing communications that are intended for a variety of different audiences, including both internal and external parties. Contributes technical writing to client reports. Write portions of client reports as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Principals. Other report editing and formatting as deemed necessary.
- Strategy: Involved in organizational discussions intended to identify strategies that help clients be more sustainable.
- Miscellaneous Project Work: Provide assistance as needed on client projects, to include but not limited to: research, report writing, data collection, meeting facilitation, taking minutes, disseminating information, preparing presentations, brainstorming recommendations, and general project management.
- Administrative Duties: General administrative duties may include scheduling meetings, purchasing office supplies and equipment, data collection and entry, maintaining adequate electronic and hard copy filing systems, running errands, preparing correspondence, editing and formatting documents and presentations, arranging travel, and other duties as assigned.
- Continuous Learning: Stay on top of industry news in order to serve the clients with the most up to date practices
- General Management: Assist senior staff with miscellaneous duties including but not limited to marketing efforts, financial analysis, and business logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough and accurate in all duties and responsibilities. Attention to detail is a key component of the Internship position.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve and trouble-shoot issues.
- Excellent planning organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collect, organize, input and analyze data in an extremely accurate and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of sustainable best practices as they pertain to businesses, organizations and communities.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Apple software. Familiarity with Slack, Asana, Toggl and Pages a plus.
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Skilled in demonstrating cooperation and professionalism.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
The intern will work 10-20 hours per week and be based in the Lincoln office. Work hours are flexible and some may be completed outside the office. Occasional trips to the Omaha office will be required. Position is available to start immediately.
Compensation is $12/hour.
All individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit the following information:
- A letter of interest not to exceed two pages.
- Curriculum Vitae or resume.
Interested parties should send the requested information to Kim Morrow, Senior Associate, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2019.