We are hiring again! Job description below and also attached here.
Verdis Group, LLC is seeking a qualified individual for a staff position. Ideal candidates will have a passion for and knowledge of sustainability, excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills, be adept at managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and have good project management and data analysis capabilities. The ideal candidate will have professional experience in a sustainability-related field and be ready to hit the ground running. While we are open to candidates of varying experience levels, our general preference is for a more senior level candidate (3-5+ years of experience). Verdis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of thought, approach and perspective in our work and in our employees.
The skills and abilities necessary to sufficiently perform the duties are varied and require the individual to be adept at many tasks. The position requires flexibility, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for the work. Generally speaking, the successful candidate will lead projects, effortlessly advise clients on how to be more sustainable, and effectively communicate with colleagues and clients.
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Sustainability Knowledge & Strategies: It is our job to consult organizations on how they can be more sustainable; having in-depth knowledge of the industry and the sustainability strategies organizations can and should pursue is imperative.
- Communication: Effectively communicating, in verbal, written, and in some cases visual/graphical form, is a major component of the job. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and accessible manner.
- Project Management & Planning: Leading client-delivery efforts and managing projects, which require the ability to prepare and oversee the implementation of project plans, facilitate meetings, delegate to colleagues, effectively communicate with all involved, and prepare written deliverables.
- Data Analysis: Conducting a variety of different numerical and theoretical analyses. Collecting, managing, tracking, analyzing, and summarizing data are components of the job.
- Other duties as assigned: We’re a small business, which often requires an all-hands-on-deck approach. New responsibilities will pop up, and the ideal candidate will be able to handle many of them.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough and accurate in all duties and responsibilities. Attention to detail is a key component of the position.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and trouble-shoot issues.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collect, organize, input, and analyze data in an extremely accurate and efficient manner, and an ability to effectively communicate the information.
- Knowledge of sustainable best practices and climate resiliency as they pertain to businesses, organizations and communities.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Apple software. Experience using Asana, Toggl and Slack is beneficial. Proficiency with Adobe’s Creative Suite would be a nice bonus.
- Have we mentioned how important communication is?
- Skilled in demonstrating cooperation and professionalism.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
SCHEDULE & LOCATION
Our current expectation is for this position to be full-time. Primary worksite could be in either our Omaha or Lincoln office.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The firm also offers several benefits, both monetary and otherwise, that the successful candidate will be eligible for. They include but are not limited to a health insurance, bike and bus benefits, extremely generous paid time off, professional development stipends, short-term disability insurance, and flexible work schedule arrangements.
All individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit the following information:
- A letter of interest not to exceed one page
- List of three references, at least one of which must be from a previous relevant employer
Interested parties should send the requested information to Craig Moody via email at email@example.com. Submittals will be accepted until the position is filled.
Craig Moody, Principal
Verdis Group, LLC
950 S 10th St., #010
Omaha, NE 68108
ABOUT VERDIS GROUP (read this. it’s important.)
Our mission: we integrate sustainable strategies that help organizations flourish. Our work commonly falls into two categories: 1) sustainability master plans and 2) ongoing advisory services to assist clients with implementation of operational and behavioral strategies. In both cases, it’s important for us to be extremely knowledgeable of the subject matter at hand. We dig into the data, find trends and opportunities, crunch the numbers, and then effectively communicate the relevant information. Once the plan is in place, we work hand-in-hand (yes, we literally hold their hands sometimes) with our clients to get things done. The implementation can and does take many forms: helping to facilitate green teams and their projects, leading lighting retrofits, studying institutional-scale composting programs, overhauling a waste and recycling process, identifying ongoing energy conservation measures, and then tracking all of the progress.
Our culture is extremely important to the work we do. We love the work and it shows in how we approach it. We involve the entire team in decision-making, and we expect everyone to work hard but not too much.
Our culture guides our ship and ensures we are focused on our mission. To that end, we work hard to adhere to the following Verdis values:
Passion. We believe we have the power to transform business as usual and make our world ‘green by default’.
Integrity. We’re not going to greenwash, and we won’t let our clients either. Seriously, it’s not an option.
Balance. We recognize the interdependence of the world’s economic, ecological and social systems and believe every decision made should reflect consideration of all three systems.
Collaboration. We believe we’re not in this alone and rely on our friends, clients, business partners and colleagues to help us create a resilient future.
Innovation. We believe it’s no coincidence that the edge of ecosystems is exceptionally innovative, creative, resilient and dynamic. We’re not going over the edge, but we’ll hang out there for a spell; it’s a great place to be.
Continuous Improvement. We have a thirst for learning and are always searching for ways to do our work better. Verdis Group is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of thought, approach and perspective in our work and in our employees.