Let’s Try This Internship Thing
VERDIS GROUP SEEKS SUMMER INTERNSHIP CANDIDATES
Verdis Group, LLC is seeking qualified individuals for a summer internship. Ideal candidates will likely be nearing the completion of their secondary education, be adept at managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously, have wizard-like data analysis and writing skills, and have a passion for sustainability.
The skills and abilities necessary to sufficiently perform the duties are varied and require the individual to be adept at many tasks. The position requires flexibility, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for the work. Generally speaking, the Intern will provide support in a variety of ways to Verdis Group senior staff and principals.
Under the direction of the Principals of Verdis Group, the Intern may perform the following tasks:
- Data Analysis: Conducts a variety of different numerical and theoretical analyses at the direction of senior staff. Collecting, managing, tracking and summarizing data is an important component of the Intern’s job duties.
- Writing: Preparing communications that are intended for a variety of different audiences, including both internal and external parties. Contributes technical writing to client reports. Write portions of client reports as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Principals. Other report editing and formatting as deemed necessary.
- Strategy: Involved in organizational discussions intended to identify strategies that help clients be more sustainable.
- Miscellaneous Project Work: Provide assistance as needed on client projects, to include but not limited to: research, report writing, data collection, meeting facilitation, taking minutes, disseminating information, preparing presentations, brainstorming recommendations, and general project management.
- Administrative Duties: General administrative duties may include scheduling meetings, purchasing office supplies and equipment, data collection and entry, maintaining adequate electronic and hard copy filing systems, running errands, preparing correspondence, editing and formatting documents and presentations, arranging travel, and other duties as assigned.
- Continuous Learning: Stay on top of industry news in order to serve the clients with the most up to date practices
- General Management: Assist senior staff with miscellaneous duties including but not limited to marketing efforts, financial analysis, and business logistics.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough and accurate in all duties and responsibilities. Attention to detail is a key component of the Internship position.
- Ability to think critically, problem solve and trouble-shoot issues.
- Excellent planning organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to collect, organize, input and analyze data in an extremely accurate and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of sustainable best practices as they pertain to businesses, organizations and communities.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Apple software.
- Communication skills both written and oral.
- Skilled in demonstrating cooperation and professionalism.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively work and interact with various cultures and ethnicities.
Our internship program consists of 25–29 hours per week over the course of the summer. Precise dates for the start and completion of the internship are flexible. Future employment beyond the summer internship is not guaranteed and is dependent upon organizational needs and job performance.
Compensation is $10–12/hour commensurate with experience.
All individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit the following information:
- A letter of interest not to exceed two pages.
- Curriculum Vitae or resume.
- List of three references, at least one of which must be from a previous relevant employer.
- Any availability limitations (e.g. other employment that may conflict with availability to complete the duties of each project).
Interested parties should send the requested information to Craig Moody via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions must be received by Verdis Group no later than April 13, 2012.
Craig Moody, Principal
Verdis Group, LLC
1516 Cuming Street
Omaha, NE 68102